Monday, April 5, 2021

Domestika Classes



Online classes were a BIG deal this past year. For we creative types it has been a welcome pass time.

Found the Domestika site through Instagram. So many great offerings, very well done, affordable.              I signed up for three.

First up was Alex Hillkurtz above images are his.

 

You thought my blueberry was great. When it comes to perspective, architectural details, more colors, I'm not too skilled.  It got me out of my comfort zone. Embarrassingly I have no images of mine to share. Unable to find them in my studio.

Next was a fun  collage class creating funky faces with objects from all over your home.

Creativity Face to Face.

Hanoch Piven is the instructor. His site is loaded with his art so you can get an idea.

Play time at it's finest.  I'm anxious to do some stop motion with these ideas.

 Greatest Hits Portraits 0

 

 The third class is with Laura Mckendry.

 

 

 Illustrating Nature

 
One of her images above.

   Her style is loose & lovely. So is her voice. 

Lots of playing with inks , paints, & paper to get the juices flowing. 

I admit I haven't made it through this one yet. Lots to try, put into practice. Now I need to get outside 

now that it's Spring so I can get more inspiration from nature.

There was another class but that will be my "F" post. 

Did you sign up for any classes during the past year? Did you complete them?

How did they make you feel?

 

3 comments:

  1. No online classes this year, but recently I took a virtual tour of a renovation project at Ireland's "Dead Zoo," where they had to get two giant whale skeletons down that were hanging in there so they can repair the 100+ year-old roof. Now that was fascinating! I watched it through following links at Atlas Obscura.

    My "D" Tull song for the day is here:
    http://tao-talk.com/2021/04/05/a2z-2021-day-4-doctor-to-my-disease-from-catfish-rising-1991/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you shared your Dead Zoo find! I had to go check it out. Interesting. Get ready for my "T" post. This may get included.

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any online class yet but these sounds good. It's like to create with a bit of instructions.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.