Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Enigma

 

 

enigma


noun, plural e·nig·mas; Chiefly Archaic e·nig·ma·ta [uh-nig-muh-tuh].

a puzzling or inexplicable occurrence or situation.
a person of puzzling or contradictory character: To me he has always been an enigma, one minute completely insensitive, the next moved to tears.
a saying, question, picture, etc., containing a hidden meaning; riddle.

 
A silkscreen I made in a college course on textile design. The assignment was: create a design with 2 colors that overlapped in places making a third color.  We had to come up with our own lettering style. The title is Enigma. Not sure how I came up with that. It was a long time ago.I still like the word.


 

 I have all the pieces from the original layout.

 

             This past year in my effort to use up what I had in the studio I decided to start                              using the last of the fabric.

Made a cushion for my studio chair.


Complete with zipper.

 


 Quite a few scraps left to use later. 

 

More on my upholstery journey later.

3 comments:

  1. If you know how to sew you have a valuable skill. Neat-looking seat cover.

    My "E" Tull song for today:
    http://tao-talk.com/2021/04/06/a2z-2021-jethro-tull-songs-day-5-ears-of-tin-from-rock-island-1989/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful. Enigma is a wonderful word. My daughter made the mistake of naming her home school (in CA home schools are registered as private schools) Academy of Enigmatic Knowledge, thanks to a terrible ex-boyfriend. She was so embarrassed later to have to fill out forms of where she went to high school! Even the man registering it wondered if that wasn't an oxymoron!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.