Friday, April 23, 2021

Taxidermy

  
 
Meet Allis Markham. A taxidermist. Found her via Atlas Obscura.
One of my faves for finding strange & wonderful things all over the world.

Her Instagram is loaded with great "stuff". No pun intended. Well maybe. 
 
 
Check out the trailer for a film about taxidermists, anatomical sculptors.
 Allis is one of the featured artists.

  About the craft of taxidermy. Follows several young rock stars in the field.
The range of skills involved is amazing. 
 I watched it twice. Once on my own & liked it so much I had my hubby 
watch with me. Fascinating sub culture. Available on Amazon & iTunes.
 
Julie Drew. Wow.
A great article about her process.  
Her animals are made from fabric, but looks like taxidermy to me. 
She called it fauxidermy when she started. 
I'm a huge fan of "art dolls". Her creatures take them to a new level.
 
 

 
 
Take a scroll through her Instagram. I am smitten 
with her rabbits and whimsical creatures of all species.  
Who doesn't love camels with braces & critters smoking cigarettes?

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.