Saturday, April 24, 2021

Up Against the Wall

 

Boy did I have fun with this project. 
I wanted to stencil a large wall space for some time.  
Cutting Edge Stencils has wonderful large stencils. Use them for walls,
tiles, faux rugs, of course I use them on fabric.

These dandelions caught my eye. Love the seeds you can add all over. 

From their site. Two toned on a wall. Great idea.

 

It's a messy business, but that's OK.

A few of my process shots.

I did each color separately with a day in between for drying. 
Stenciled on paper so I could figure out placement.
Cutting Edge has videos that were helpful.  Use a dense foam roller then roll some paint off 
before applying to the wall to cut down on bleed.

 

The paint was all left overs from other room painting.
The darker color is metallic silver. Hard to tell in the photos but is striking.
 
 

All the big guys done. 

Last step was to randomly add the seeds. 
 
 


This is a narrow hallway with closets on the opposing wall so it's tough to 
get a good overall photo. It makes up happy every time we walk through. 


I used the little seed head stencil for an Artist Trading Card.


Did a relief with dry wall compound then painted it & used glaze to distress the edges. 


3 comments:

  1. Lovely execution and what a great idea! I love dandelions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stenciled wall looks beautiful! You did an awesome job. I love projects like this that make you smile every time you look at them. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look gorgeous. I love that they are metallic. Yours looks so much nicer than theirs!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.