Thursday, April 8, 2021

Gradations

 Sometimes the cosmos gives you the word you need for a letter in the A to Z Challenge.

#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter G 

 

 I was having a rough time. Then I got 2 emails that solved the problem.

 

Recently I found this yarn supplier through a friend. Gradations of color. Perfect 

 

 In hand lettering with pencil gradation is created with change in pressure.  

Compliments of Amity Parks who I was lucky to take class from in 2018.

My journal page cataloging different pencils with different pressure applied. 



 Check out this soothing video of gradations. 
This came to me from another art site I follow. 

There's always the sky!


Right outside my front door many mornings. 

Start noticing gradations in your everyday wanderings.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, that yarn is luscious! I love noticing the gradations in the sky, too. Or what about the edges of a toasted bagel? =D
    Black and White: G for Gont

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at gradations earlier today when I needed to highlight some cells in a document table. I would click on a color and then watch it change as I scrolled down to, say, 25% opacity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't plan to use the G, but great job with gradations! I got a coffee a few days ago, and they forgot to stir it. It had gradations. It was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like looking at those strips with paint samples on them as it shows gradations so well.

    My "G" Jethro Tull song for today:
    http://tao-talk.com/2021/04/08/a2z-2021-jethro-tull-songs-day-7-glory-row-from-war-child-1974/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.