Friday, April 24, 2020

Use It All Up

As a group artists tend to hang on to stuff because "you never know when..."
Here we are, lots of time to create & we need that stuff now!
We are vindicated in our tendency to save crap. 

Some of the fabric above dates back to my college days in textile design class,
 workshops years ago & scraps from my canvas bin obsession. 



Lots of quilting fabric lines my bins. The larger scraps have been sorted
by color & are being used to make larger pieces I can use up for the interiors. 


We have lots of old wall paint from various room & furniture make overs.
 They work on canvas for the background color!



I love red!


I'm partial to this can of metallic silver.


You should see it in person. 


 


Not sure what we were going to paint this color. 
I think it was a failed idea. 
It works well on fabric.



Old ledger pages become small note books.
 Gotta have paper with me at all times.


Old sweaters that have been felted are being used
 to make pin cushions and amulets.



That leads to using all that Floss I mentioned.

I could go on but you get the idea. 

Are you finding stuff in your home you can use up
while we are hangin' out?


7 comments:

  1. I have some scraps boxes. A room full of ;) I keep old sweaters too, they make great felt!

    U is for Unique Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I know what you mean about hanging on to stuff "just in case". My crafting/sewing cupboards are overflowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep I have a lot of little teeny fabric scraps that will be sewn into a little quilt for someone's baby! Then I have had this habit for years of cutting up junk mail that has a blank side to the paper ...it makes great note paper for shopping lists etc. The back of envelopes work too! Why not? Cheers and I'll see ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! I'm not the only one who recycles every scrap of paper I can. That's exactly what I use it for as well. Envelopes too.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful U! I used to have lots of stuff saved "just in case," but I moved to a much smaller house. I just don't have room. I don't even have a garage anymore, which does cut into storing stuff! I recently cleaned the hall closet shelves (yeah, pretty typical thing to do right now) and got rid of loads of tiny hotel bottles of lotions and shampoos. I think the only "just in cases" I have left are lots of paper crafting supplies. Stickers and letters and pieces of cut paper. Now I just need to do some scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the garden pictures are at your current home. They are lovely!!! Good time for scrap booking right now. Anything that keeps us engaged and creating, no purpose needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using old paint for canvases. Now that's an idea for my youngest daughter. She bought canvases for the old folks at the home she works at and did a painting 'class' with them. Good idea to share with her!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.