Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Admiration for Tara Axford


I cheat on X if I have to. This is one of those times.

Tara Axford is a mixed media artist who lives in Australia.
I have admired for some time.
  The things found in nature are so different than here. 
Her observations & resulting art strike a cord. 
She collects things on her walks then creates "pocket finds". 
 A stroll through her IG is eye candy.



This is one of her "pocket finds". 
Take a look at her watercolors.



I have a bin of "Natural Items" I use in photographs, 
for stencil ideas, in monoprinting.



I could spend all day arranging still lifes from my box of natural finds.

Almost to the finish line of the A to Z. How is everyone holding up?

8 comments:

  1. I thought her name seemed familiar so I just checked her out. She's also the art director of a Sydney paper's weekend magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that...thanks! She seems very prolific. I think I need to take a trip "down under" some day...when we can. Do you mind "down under" as a reference to where you live? In Michigan where we are is always "up North". Polar opposites.

      Delete
    2. All Aussies refer to Australia as Down Under, so definitely no worries about that. I hadn't thought about what the opposite would be. Up North makes sense - the opposite to down under would be up over and that just sounds ridiculous, lol.

      Delete
    3. Many Australians don't like being called "Aussies" just like many Americans don't necessarily like being called "Yanks". The same is true for "down under". "Down under" what exactly? Australia is just fine thanks.

      Delete
  2. My A-Z:
    Aside from realizing last night at 8pm that I hadn't composed my X post (I have them all post at 12:30am the day of), and having vital information MIA (again, see X), doing well! The challenge "forced" me to actually get the stitching project [almost] done. Yay! https://repeatsamb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done! LOVE your X post! I see you cheat a bit on X as well. Desperate times call for desperate measures. The little pom poms are adorable. The stitch idea for a trip to Mars is great.

      Delete
  3. Very fun post- I am always jamming stuff into my pockets but never thought of combining them into little art pieces! I am busy today catching up as the last two days we have taken advantage of the good weather to work outside in the garden! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.