Friday, April 17, 2020

Oatmeal


Baked Oatmeal. Before.

In this household we have adopted a heavily plant based diet.
 More on that later in the month.


The recipe doesn't call for a lid, but I like mine creamy and smooth.
 This baked oatmeal recipe has been on the rotation for years. Just more often now.



As you can see it is well used & loved. I can do it by heart
but sometimes refer back to the original for amounts if scaling up or down.

 A batch lasts 2 of us 5 or 6 days, not eating it every day.
This batch has blueberries and apple. I mix it up every time. 
Water, almond milk, and coconut water are the liquids I use in different amounts 
depending on my mood & supply.  Yum.

The reason oatmeal came up for today was because of this guy.

https://theoatmeal.com/




Meet Matt Inman, creator of The Oatmeal.

 I love this guys cartoons & humor!
 https://theoatmeal.com/comics/be_kind
The post above seemed appropriate for now. 
The picture will lead you to the entire comic. 

I hope you are finding things that tickle your funny bone
& are filling your stomach with good things.




2 comments:

  1. Fabulous cartoon and the oatmeal recipe will be making an appearance in our home! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee, I think I will roll out of lockdown. I've been doing an awful lot of baking. Luckily I have The Hub and the Barbarians to help eat it all.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.