Thursday, April 30, 2020

Making Little Zines


 


Got this great little book from the Library before the shut down.
So I get to keep it until things reopen. Bonus for me. Lots of ideas:
construction of a zine & how to print an edition.
The hand drawn illustrations are fun.

Zines have been around for decades.  They are usually counter culture.
The 2 links above give some history.

I've been making little zines of my own & have several more ideas.
Lots of creative folks have been making them & posting on Instagram.
#quaranzine



 To see a video of the other pages of my first quaranzine during sheltering
in place go HERE to Instagram, the 3rd pane in.
 
Check out #quaranzine if you dare.
There are a ton of them. Folks getting creative which is great.

I especially like this.  From The Quaranzine.
Each page is this little guy screaming.

 My second zine...










Zine #3 above.


AK Rowling made a little book that can be considered a zine early on in her
Harry Potter explorations. Expected to sell at auction for as much as 150,000 pounds.
That's $186000.

There we have it. The end of this years A to Z Challenge.
Hope you had fun! I did. It's been a great distraction.




7 comments:

  1. Now following you on insta =) And I have to agree with you... I need a haircut so bad!

    Congratulations on making it to the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding me about zines. Maybe I will do some. I like the one done on recycled pages of a book.

    Congratulations on completing the 2020 A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the A-Z! Zine #2 is particularly lovely, but I certainly hope we're not still sheltering-in-place by the time I get another chance to catch snowflakes on my tongue!
    Black and White (Words and Pictures)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are SUCH a great idea! I mean, I know about the little books and folds and all (having home schooled my kids and did lapbooks and notebooking folds), but never thought of it for now! My college daughter is temporarily home, and she will probably love to make these! I will suggest it when her school work is done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zine. Good idea. I shall ask by class students to make one on my blog on industrial engineering. Thank you for the idea.
    Congratulations for successful A to Z Blogging.
    ZF Friedrichshafen - Industrial Engineering Activities and Jobs - Value Engineering - Supply Chain Cost Reduction Strategy
    IE practice in Top Global Engineering Companies.
    Industrial Engineering Practice in Top Global Manufacturing Companies - Top 100

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute zines, great idea! Congratulations on ending the challenge!
    Z is for Zakka

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.