Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Libraries Oh How I Miss Them




I think a lot of folks are in the same place as I am on this.
The Library can be one of my main sources of information & entertainment. 
I have access to 3 branches of my local Library. Above is the mother ship. Only 
a 5 minute drive from my house. Why aren't Libraries an essential service? I get it,
but with all of us at home we need stuff to read! I prefer a book I can hold in my hands. 
I'd rather borrow a book than buy it. At least until I know it deserves a place on my shelves.

This little cutie, The East Bay Library, is where I belong to a monthly book club. 


 Above is the brand new Peninsula Community Library up Old Mission Peninsula from us.
The drive to get there is worth it.  


You can find almost anything in print or on a DVD through Library searches. 
WorldCat.org is a good place for a wide search.
here is a list of e Libraries State by State.

How are you getting your reading material these days?
What are you reading?

4 comments:

  1. Where am I getting my reading material? I'm not, and am going crazy! I ran out of library books weeks ago, and are reading anything off my shelves, even though I've read them before. Right now it's The Arabian Nights. There are a few Little Libraries in the neighborhood I haven't checked yet. I did give away a box of books on Craigslist and asked for some in return. I got some mysteries by authors I don't care for, but I haven't read those yet. If it gets much worse I will have to read eBooks, and that is something I just don't do! I am 5 books behind schedule on my Goodreads 2020 goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading lots of ebooks. I certainly prefer the real thing and had read only a few ebooks before in my life, but an ebook is 1000% better than nothing! Yes, we will all be happy when the libraries can finally open again.
    Black and White (Words and Pictures)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, okay, kinda embarrassing, but I have a to be read (TBR) pile of a few hundred books...and that's just the print ones. There's another few hundred on my kindle. So lockdown for me isn't a problem, lol.

    (Because this sounds really bad, I do have to say I get a lot of free books from going to writing conferences...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss libraries too. Sometimes when I needed to focus, I would reserve a study room at one of the libraries and seclude myself to write. Some of the libraries around here are going to start doing curbside checkout... reserve a book on-line at a particular library, then when it's available, go to the parking lot and pull into a designated spot and someone will bring the book and put it in the trunk. When the books are returned, they will go in a 72 hour hold before being available for the next reader.

    In the meantime, I've been using Kindle on my phone.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.