Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Flax


How Linen is Made – Deck Towel
 Flax is my favorite fiber. Also know as linen in it's woven form. 
It feels wonderful in your hand. It drapes beautifully.

 

https://flaxlinens.com/blogs/flax-linens/why-people-love-flax-linen-bedding

It's been used for thousands of years to make fabric. It's strong, breathable 
& it has some special properties. Hypoallergenic, sustainable. 


 Flax to Linen: Processing Flax Fibers for Spinning – THE CABBAGE ...


Made myself a new apron from Linen just a couple days ago.  




I added pockets in the side seam which will come in very handy.

Flax can be used in paper making.

I have several sheets of Cave Paper that I cherish. They use flax. I had an opportunity
 to visit "the cave" several years ago. The name refers to the location
in the basement of an old building in Minneapolis
The paper feels like leather. Is easily manipulated when gluing.
Many book artists use Cave Paper as it stands up well to lots of use.
 


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, the view from your window... and yes, linen is lovely (I just bought myself a new linen dress recently and now have no where to wear it, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative. The apron is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of Cave Paper before. Thanks for Sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.