Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Mood Boards Got One?


What is a mood board you ask? A place to gather ideas & images for a project. 
In my case it's a way to keep things I've come across in front of me for inspiration. 
I liked this photographers take on them in the link. Sums it up for me. 
You see designers on all those home improvement shows use them.
Do writers use mood boards? So many writers in the A to Z Challenge I'm just wondering.


I have Pegboard and two great metal boards with cork inside (so you can 
attach things with magnets or push pins) in front of my table.
A friend actually gave these to me! I'm forever changing what is on them and 
moving stuff around. Is this procrastination or idea generation? Maybe both. 


What do you do to keep things that inspire you in view? 



Found these really old refrigerator magnets recently and couldn't
 resist a little message to the cosmos.



6 comments:

  1. Never have made a mood board ...but its an interesting way to work on a thought/painting/writing etc one has before putting paint onto a canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a really helpful idea. I've never made one. I have three of my favorite painting (all from thrift stores) hanging in my bedroom, within good view from when I'm laying down. I just lay there at stare and imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't intentionally create mood boards, but they sort of follow me around, since I collect bits and bobs of things that capture my fancy. I like the idea. Must explore! Thanks for sharing.

    https://atozwriting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poop. None of the images are showing for me. I just get a grey circle with a line inside it (like it isn't allowed or something?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A mood board! I like it! I might need to incorporate one into my office.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a vision board of things I would like to do and a white board of the things I need to do :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.