Friday, April 6, 2018

Know When to Fold Em #AtoZChallenge



  A good accordion fold, it's a tricky business. 

Get it wrong & it looks awful. Done right & you feel you've accomplished something.  
This tutorial link gives you the proper approach.







I've had my share of fails on this but some have gone well.
This little guy was  an experiment in gluing to get a long enough stretch, 
& cutting an inside frame













I can't take credit for the accordion. The teeny tiny text block
for these teeny tiny books were provided in a workshop. 
The cover structure was our focus.








 This book, Urban Sprawl,  has been in several shows. I still love it
 but would be happy if it found a new home with someone who appreciates artist books. 

Happy folding!

7 comments:

  1. In cleaning out a box in the garage I found some old music books of my sons... I was going to do some printing, but first maybe some folding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love old music sheets! Hope this inspiration proves useful.

      Delete
  2. I find folding exciting! Strange, but true. My children were homeschooled and they made a lot of "lapbooks" which incorporate a lot of paper folds. I still like them in my scrapbooking. We never cut the accordion fold with windows, that's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't find that strange at all. Getting deep into folding is another zone thing. ow great you taught your kids.

      Delete
  3. I am sooo excited to have found you through A to Z, as I'm always looking for awesome art projects and crafts to do on my own and with my girls. I've bookmarked your site. With Spring Break coming up this week, I'll be keeping an eye on your page to get some inspiration! (And beyond!) Thank you! ~Alana (also posting A-Z over at www.ofloveandlight.org)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopped by your blog. Wow! Ditto on the glad I found you! Lots of thought provoking stuff. My favorite coffee mug is from the Getty Museum in NY in a shape like the building. I hope you do find some things to do with your girls. My feeling is art in our lives is so important. Thanks you so much for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I found your blog via A to Z. I used to stop in at the Museum of Women in the Arts, in D.C., whenever I was there, and the exhibit in the library on the Book as Art always enchanted and drew me into another world. I will be back!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.