Sunday, April 1, 2018

Aprons I Fancy #AtoZChallenge


 A is for Apron. A humble place to start the A to Z challenge. 
But a gal has to keep herself tidy while slinging paint in the studio.

 

As soon as I saw one of these aprons at a calligraphy conference I knew I had to have one.
 Truth is I love it so much I've avoided using it while painting. Love the big pockets.


 
Back view of the cross over. No ties to deal with.



            
 From Purl Soho a knitting site I follow. A free pattern for a cross over apron. 
My intention is to make one I feel comfortable getting paint all over.




 Haven't owned a pair of bib overalls for a few decades. A trip to Goodwill may be in order.
This is pattern I have saved from a free eBook from Cloth Paper Scissors.  
You can still download the instructions. 



 

A post of my thoughts on this free apron I inherited from my Dad that I altered 
to cover the awful graphics. Scroll down to see the stencil.



 To be honest this is my go to cover up. 
A sweatshirt from beloved Beaver Island that I've cut down, 
stitched up, & make a mess of regularly. 


See you tomorrow for B. Would love to see your comments as we go along.


10 comments:

  1. Love the aprons, and I'm partial to the no-tie cross over. I tend to use smocks in the studio, and when a beloved one finally got so threadbare a few years ago, I had a seamstress friend deconstruct it for the pattern and make me a couple more. It has a number of huge pockets which is always great for storing treasures to be re-found later. :-) Happy A-to-Z ing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deconstructing is SO valuable. Big pockets are a must in my book. Thanks for commenting. I looked at your A post...great thoughts for a word I was not aware of. Important skill to "self assess".

      Delete
  2. Love the cross-over apron! It makes me want to get messier, even though actually I never need an apron because I do block printing rather than painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can get messy with any art endeavor including block printing. You must be good! I've been following you off & on since last year's challenge. Love the topic.

      Delete
  3. I love wearing an apron! It puts me in a different frame of mind and I always feel more creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea to use the apron as a trigger to get creative. I would like to adopt that. Your A post is great. Names of colors is fun to ponder. Aubergine is so much nicer than eggplant. Rather guttural.

      Delete
  4. I am preparing for a move and as I thinned out some closets, I wondered about donating some of my aprons... but when it came right down to it, I couldn't part with any.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I definitely use them, as evidenced by all the stains. :-)

      Delete
  6. Good for you! I've made a pattern from the black one so I can make one to mess up. I'm sure it will get some stencils.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.