Monday, April 15, 2024


Murals

Starting with the oldest, biggest & best in my opinion. 

Growing up in the burbs of Detroit I went to the Detroit Institute of Arts many times growing up. I was enthralled with Diego Rivera's murals as a pre teen. 

Went back recently on a girl trip to the city. I spent a couple hours in the room with these murals and found a docent who told me so much about the history. If you are ever in Dtroit please go view this amazing piece of art. 

Detroit Murals

More current local artists are creating amazing public art. 

 
This is one of my favorites in my town. 

Traverse City Murals 


Discovered this gal on Instagram. NeSpoon. Love the look of the lacey murals she creates. Looks like they are a labor of love.  


 

Then there is Banksy


I love a good story & a mystery. 

 

 Of course there is an app for that. You can search for murals ANYWHERE.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post. My childhood and early teen years were in Detroit, and I don't recall there being murals around my area. Been to other places in MI but I haven't been back in Detroit since about '82.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love murals. There are some in town, I just have to find a parking place and hope the mural isn't obscured by cars, for the big one. I even like graffiti at times. The train cars are often beautiful moving murals.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.