Monday, January 8, 2018

A Little Something





After the new paint job on the bedroom furniture this needed help. The above is jewelry box my husband has had forever. It just didn't look right. Old brown wood finish. I got permission to have at it with paint layers.


I wish I had taken a before picture, alas there is no before, just the steps below.
 




First layer was some left over latex paint we had from a former project. 




It took three layers to achieve the look I wanted. Glaze mixed with acrylic paint lets you add layers and partially wipe them off leaving a translucent effect. After the matte blue a dark brown layer was brushed on, made the grain stand out.

  Finally a layer of silver which had a bit of black added to darken. 
Special attention was given to the corners and edges where normal wear would occur.



The treatment was just what the old brown box needed to fit in with the new look of the furniture.




1 comment:

  1. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    หนังดราม่า

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.