Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Knolling

 


I came across this funny word awhile back and it grabbed my attention. Most likely because I am a chronically organized person. I was delighted to discover there was a word reserved just for arranging things in an orderly fashion.


The process of arranging like objects in parallel or 90 degree angles as a method of organization.
Yeah that table is pretty well knolled.   From the Urban Dictionary.
 
                 This video is an artists amusing version of describing how to knoll.

"ALWAYS BE KNOLLING". By Tom Sachs

 
This video of this guys work space and his thought process is well worth watching. Casey Neistat's video shows how his organizational mind helps him to be the profoundly prolific guy that he seems to be.


 I readily admit I've been a knoller my whole life. I suspect it's genetic. I don't function well with visual clutter and am compelled to tidy up. How about you? Do you like organized chaos, flat out chaos, or just don't know how to knoll? Maybe it can be learned. Does there need to be a knoller's anonymous? Hi, my name is Linda & I knoll.









4 comments:

  1. What a delight to learn a new word. While I'm not a knoller myself, I certainly see the inherent beauty in neat organization. Maybe you could come over and I can observe your skills in my environment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I popped over to your blog as well. Kinkle is fun too! Lots of that in an artists life. Thanks for stopping by Deborah.

      Delete
  2. I have organized chaos. It looks chaotic, but I know where everything is. Except for my research, which is very neatly labeled and piled up around the living room in thematic jenga towers... :D

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    The Multicolored Diary
    MopDog

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.