Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Just Playin' Around


 

That's what a lot of the creative activity that absorbs us is all about. Take a look around, pay attention, then explore reference material. Of course the act of creating is the" playin' around" part to see what works, and just as important, what doesn't. Failure is definitely an option, and guaranteed to happen. That's why JUST is the perfect word. Tell that inner critic, I'm JUST playin' around so get lost!

                                        I have a few card decks that are meant to foster ideas.

            "Creative Whack Pack", love the name. The are whacky to be sure. The questions and prompts are very interesting. You can find them here.


                          I've had these for ages and the simplicity & usefulness still inspires me.

Looks like you can pick them up for pennies now from Amazon.



Then there are these specifically for book artists. I will have a chance to get to know the creator of these, Julie Chen, in May. More on that in a later post.

 You can get them directly from Julie Chen at Flying Fish Press.

 So get out there and find something, anything, that sparks your interest to create, or learn, or share.
 Even better all of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.