Thursday, November 9, 2023

Still Here

   It's been such a long time since I posted.  Almost a year.   

  Wanted to share a bit of what I've been up to.

 

        I am diving into a few calls for fiber art & my local Holiday Show.

 

 

I have lots of smaller vessels of all sorts, on display for sale at

Crooked Tree Art Center.

I will be at the kick off party tomorrow, Friday Nov. 10th. Hope you can stop by. 

There will be wine!

Sneak peek of my offerings.





Other things I've been up to in the studio & beyond:  


A little book binding repair. My 1975 copy of The Joy of Cooking.

 

 She was in rough shape.
Broke out the book binding skills.


Made a new cover.

 

Created a stencil of the original title font. 


Used book cloth & marbled paper from my stash.

 




 Did some foraging of ramps on North Fox Island this spring. Pickled ramps & ramp pesto from the leaves. YUM!!! 



 

 I can't go camp on North Fox without a hand stitching project. 



 

There is a blueberry U pick farm just up the road. We make sure we have 20-30 lbs. in the freezer to get us through the year. Plus we discovered a mulberry tree in the park we walk in almost daily. Beautiful.


 

We have been to some wonderful places over the past year. My go to place to post what I've been up to is Instagram. Follow me there & you can see more day to day goings on.




2 comments:

  1. Oh, first today I found your new post. I like it, and the blueberrise look delicious. I had to look up Ramps - some kind of ramsons ;) which I knew. Your hand stitching looks nice.
    I'm only sad everything is on IG these days. It's far too filled with ads and 'suggested for you' posts to be enjoyable to me.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.