Monday, January 6, 2020

Meet My New Friend



 

I've named him Whoratio. Couldn't help myself. 
This Dastardly Owl from an Ann Wood pattern was so much fun to create.

Taking advice from Austin Kleon, as I often do.


So here are some process pics and thoughts. 


Lots of hand stitching. Lots of layers. Fabric choices are key to 
his look, as are his talons & his eyes. I changed my mind on fabric for
 eyes & feathers several times. Being able to fray the edges is important.  


Ann's instructions for making the talons were perfect. I had all the supplies I needed
for every part of the project. Continuing my effort to use what I already have. 


Wasn't sure the eyes would turn out the way I wanted, taking my time proved fruitful. 
Again, the instructions were perfect. Nice thing about hand stitching, 
if it isn't what you want pull it out & try again. 



His horns add to his attitude.



On the advice of my hubby he will be getting a little friend (snack?)
 from another Ann Wood pattern. I will share that in a future post. Can you guess what it might be? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.