Monday, January 13, 2020

Chess Anyone?


Ever since PBI last Spring I've had it on my artistic to do list to make some chess piece stencils.
My hubby & I have been playing chess a bit more lately during these long grey days.
It's a great game. Timeless. Have you played? 

 



 

We have this old book, part novel part chess strategy. 
My older son won it in elementary school at a chess tournament. 
The illustrations are wonderful.


This is my favorite Laura Wait image where she created her own version of chess pieces. 
She was one of my instructors.  Lots of inspiration was absorbed. 


 Love the metal pieces on the cover as well.


Working from an old wooden chess (2 opening images) I sketched my design. 
  


I folded them in half and retraced so they would be symmetrical. 



Cut them out of card stock for the stencils.


Trail run in my journal to see how they turned out.



Made some refinements.


Decided they would be my January Artist Trading Cards. 



I have loads of cards for my ATCs cut from cast off projects & experiments.
 Recycling at it's most obsessive. But that's how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.