Tuesday, November 5, 2019

House of Pins


 I've been a bit obsessed with pin cushions lately. Don't ask me why. Maybe because I'm doing so much sewing needed a larger specimen to replace my little calico rooster who is about 30 years old.

 A classmate in my slow stitch class had this great house cushion which I riffed on for mine.

                          


 I had a length of ocher wool I knitted ages ago wanting to felt it for an undetermined project & decided this was it.  After spending way too much time hand felting (I will do this step in the washing machine from now on) I was ready to make a pattern & stitch away.



 
 
 
Roof windows & doors were made from old sweaters I had machine felted ages ago. 

 I created a pinterest board just for all the pin cushion ideas I ran across. 
What to fill them with, patterns, designs, hand felting.

A pocket of bb's is in the base help it stand up. Finally putting them to use. Steel wool is in the center covered with batting. Supposedly the steel wool will help keep the pins sharp. 

I have a couple small round cushions I am playing with as well. 

Next up ...dolls I am working on.




1 comment:

  1. You always amaze me!
    This is darling and useful and exactly right.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.