Saturday, August 11, 2018

What's in your garden?



It's the time of year when everything in the garden looks wonderful. 



This guy was on the side of our home the other day. Stick bugs are
such a strange product of evolution.  


My two pots of basil have been great this year. 
I've made several batches of my "pesto pucks" already.
The link to my post with the recipe & process I use.



Another pot holds a mass of herbs that have made it for a few years.


The Sage had gotten quite large so I decided to try some preserving techniques.
The Kitchn had some ideas. I hung some to dry,
did some in the microwave, froze some in water & did some sage butter.
Next clipping I want to try the sage honey.
 Should be great in home made dressing as the sweetener.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to make pesto for a long time but I don't have an abundance of basil like usual. Would like to try some tinctures and such with some herbs too. If I ever get around to it I'll probably post about that. Don't you just love plants!?!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.