Thursday, December 29, 2016

Revolving on a Spindle




I became enamored with vintage spindles after learning paper yarn making at PBI (Paper & Book Intensive) last spring.  Aime Lee had some beautiful examples. Take a look at her knitted books.


 Found these beauties on Ebay. Very affordable.  I pulled out some of the Hanji paper we made with Aimee and did some paper yarn spinning by hand. The first step in being able to knit, crochet, or weave a piece of art.


Now on to what was underneath the spindle.

 My Queen Anne's Lace stencil is getting a lot of use. Printed on some brown linen 
to make a little zipper bag I saw in a Jen Hewitt tutorial. I adore her work. She creates her own stamps to print her fabric. Her use of multiple simple forms to create patterns really appeal to me. 


For my purposes I'm using my Shiva Paintsticks with stencils for the design on the fabric.







I'll post pictures of the pattern & progress attaching the zipper & lining next time.

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.