Saturday, July 23, 2016

The Fiber of Her Being

That's the title I settled on for the doll and her outfits for the Rare Threads show at the Jordan River Arts Council.  One friend suggested Dalai Mama for the title due to the somewhat deeper meaning of the piece. Love it! But "The Fiber of her Being" came to me in the middle of the night, of course.

  
Pictures have been sent, entry form mailed. She is waiting for her debut. Now I can move on to other activities, and dream about other things.
The upholstered board turned out well and is ready to hang. Total dimension is 31" wide X 23" tall. The petticoat made from old sewing patterns makes her look like she's ready for a square dance. Added satin stitching the the edges of her summer flowered dress.  It's all interchangeable with the Velcro dots holding all the elements in place on the board. She is removable from the board as well.

Older son & his wife are in town from Chicago for a wedding, so I will have the pleasure of driving them into Leelanau County later. Plus here is a replica of an old Spanish Galleon in the marina downtown I want to go see. Time to leave dollie behind and get back to summer in our beautiful area.
I've enjoyed being able to share the evolution of this project with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.