Monday, April 27, 2020

Playing with Water Color



Watercolor is a thing I have played with for some time. 
I am by no means proficient. A class showed up that combined watercolor, 
perspective drawing & architecture. I jumped in.
It is through Domestica. Had never heard of them before.


Alex Hillkurtz is the instructor. Image above is his. Link to the class here.
The video content is crystal clear. His explanations of supplies, techniques
& execution are very good. He did a live talk on Instagram
that supported the class content. Alex lives in Paris.
 There were attendees from all over the world.
We ARE all in this together!


I picked this picture from our gorgeous old State Hospital grounds
for my first run through.


The resulting thumbnail quick sketch.
That's all I've got so far.
 I would love to be comfortable sketching then 
adding color to scenes in my journal when I travel.
That means I need to spend more time at it.

A post from last year's A to Z included Candace Rose Rardon
Her sketches are so accurate and sweet.

If you have a minute scroll down & look at her images from her travels. 
A couple past forays into watercolor in my journal.  

 

On a whale watch in British Columbia years ago we saw grey whales breach. 
My minimalist sketch from a photo. 


Have you found more creative opportunities popping up lately?
Artists everywhere are sharing, teaching, & doing more during this time of isolation.
A silver lining however thin. 







 

2 comments:

  1. I would love to be able to draw. I did a short course once (I think it went for one night over about 8 weeks). But that was a million years ago. Alas my drawing skills are almost as bad as my singing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love taking art classes....so much fun and I always learn something new!
    When traveling I like to draw using watercolor pencils. Then when I am done- I take my little brush and dip it into water to then make a painting out of my drawing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.