Friday, April 3, 2020

C is for Cardinals


 

Spring is Coming and with it more birds for us to watch out the window.  
I love   
cardinals
They stick around all winter and are a beautiful sight on the feeder 
when all is white & they add their shock of color.  

  The top bird is from The Graphics Fairy. She offers links to an amazing 
treasure trove of vintage images for personal use.


This fancy guy is from Sarah Suplina. I follow her on Instagram and am amazed by her little 
intricate creatures from layered pieces of paper paper. You should check her out.



One of my favorite fiber artists, Ann Wood, has a pattern for little song birds.
She recently posted an add on to the pattern to turn them into crested birds 
such as cardinals. There may be a couple of these in my future.
 Need to raid the red fabric scrap pile. 

With no intention on my part my first 3 A to Z posts have been about winged creatures.
That is going to change tomorrow. 

Stay healthy & safe everyone.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, Cardinals! Love those red birds. Oh, you are giving me some ideas for my possible next A to Z challenge ;)) C is for Colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing a year or 2 ago...that color would be a great theme. So many weird names it wold be easy to use.

      Delete
  2. I would love to see a cardinal. We don't have them here. There was one spotted in Oregon once, but it was a loner, lost apparently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must have been lost. My younger son lives in Oregon. What a beautiful state!

      Delete
  3. Love this. I've never since a cardinal.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.