Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Grolsch Bottles



I'm a sucker for glass bottles of all kinds. I have to force myself to recycle 
when the collection gets a bit out of control. I posted about them here
These however are special.

Have you ever owned any Grolsch bottles?  I have had several for YEARS, probably 30 plus. 
I love the look & functionality. They sat in my pantry brought out 
for decoration & photo props. I recently started to use them for home made Shrubs  
& salad dressing. It's important to label them!  had to buy new gaskets for the ceramic closure.
The originals had disintegrated. New ones are silicone.
Grolsch Gaskets 12 ct

A friend made some great home brew and bought Grolsch bottles. His are green.

This little video shows the two colors fraternizing. Titled "You Can Come Along"
More on this current obsession helping fill time with creative pursuits in a later post. 

 

Taking some time today to take a look at several A to Z Challengers. 
Hope everyone is having fun and enjoying something good to focus on. 


7 comments:

  1. Reminded me of the song ten green bottles :) Neat bottles, I just like coloured glass, so much prettier. All the best for the A-Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool bottles...handy for all sorts of things! Cheers and see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be tempted to collect bottles with tops like that too. The only bottles I do have are old clay gins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa. Enjoying your poetry again. "H" was great.

      Delete
  4. We recently discovered shrubs. They add a nice flavor to a lot of drinks. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shrubs were a recent find for us too...then they started showing up allover the place on foodie sights, in local magazines. I do a Lemon Lime one that is so tasty! Sometimes I just mix with soda water for a "mocktail"

      Delete
  5. In Australia, 'shrubs' are plants. I hadn't heard of them previously as drinks. I shall need to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.