Tuesday, April 21, 2020

What's In Your Recipe Box?


Do you have a recipe box? Are you digital or analog or both?
I am both, but I turn to my paper recipes the vast majority of the time. 

 I recently made this canvas box using some Dard Hunter 
craftsman style stencils. Since they are all food items it fits. 


Everything else in my house has a canvas bin it seemed time for one in the kitchen.


Look closer & you see my strange categories. Brussel sprouts, 
Eggplant, Polenta, Asian, Quinoa. It works for me however at times I can't 
remember which category a certain recipe was filed  under. 
Do I need to cross reference? I think not. 


 

6 comments:

  1. I have a folder stuffed full of scrappy bits of paper I have written recipes on. Plus I have 2 digital recipe books my Mum put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your canvas box and your recipe categories. I'm both a digital and analog person. I have a small collection of recipes from my mother and grandmother that are especially dear to me as they are written in their hand, and I keep those in an old elaborate tea tin which seems fitting. But I also have another box stuffed with printed out recipes and cards that are less well-organized. You may well have inspired me to tackle this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice when a post inspires someone to take on an endeavor. Carry on!

      Delete
  3. you are far more organized than me! I have recipes stuffed in cookbooks and one binder I taped cut out of newspapers and magazines. Totally not organized. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by! I am so enjoying your photos.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.