Thursday, May 31, 2018

Trillium Time & Basket Bonnet



In a word...WOW!  On Memorial Day we flew to N Fox Island
Uninhabited gem close to home with a 3000 ft grass runway.  
The Trillium were in full glory. 








We had the place to ourselves. How fortunate are we?



On the creative endeavor topic.
I recently decided a large basket that sits in a spare bedroom needed a lid.
 After scratching my head I came up with a plan. Birth of the basket bonnet.


I love bubble wrap as a way to create texture in the first layer.



 Round top with 2 inch edge attached with a zigzag stsitch like all my fabric boxes.
The inside of the lid. It is 17" across.Here sewn to the Pelon for stability.


 I had to pull out this bad boy to make the large circle.
The Alvin 302 VJ speed bow compass.


It can expand to make a 23" circle. Handy.
Beats the string and pencil approach.






I'm pleased with the result. 


My husband came up with a tab to make lifting the bonnet easier.
Great idea!

1 comment:

  1. That is fantastic! It would certainly keep cats out!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.