Tuesday, April 3, 2018

C is for Canvas #AtoZChallenge




Canvas is my main medium these days. It's sturdy, has nice texture, 
& accepts everything I throw at it without complaint. 
I buy yards of it at a time since fabric vessels have taken over the studio.



It starts with brushing water on the fabric. Then acrylic paint I mix to the color of my choice. I add dabs of other color to get a mottled look. More water to blend.



Next it's decision time. What stencils from hand cut pile to use? As well as what colors.
This can keep me up at night or wake me up early. No joke.








 Each piece gets a fabric back & Pelon heavy interfacing between the layers for rigidity. 



Carpentry with fabric is how I categorize my creations. 




There is the occasional soft project. 






Thanks for following along on this month long adventure.

8 comments:

  1. Some lovely designs there.
    https://iainkellywriting.com/2018/04/03/c-is-for-cork-republic-of-ireland/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain. I have a son named Iain...same spelling which you don't find in the US.

      Delete
  2. Linda,

    Very creative use of canvas. This isn't what I was expecting when I read the title of your post, either. Happy A2Zing and when you get a chance, please hop over to take a peek at my challenge contribution today with iPad Art Sketches Through the Alphabet on Curious as a Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love seeing other artists in the challenge. I peak at yours every few days. I make my titles on a whim. Not sure it works all the time but I have fun with it sometimes. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. Art for organizing art! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pieces! Haven't used canvas much - love the effects you've created.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.