Thursday, April 5, 2018

Embossing #AtoZ Challenge




Embossing is one of many ways to add texture to paper. 




I went a little crazy a couple years ago when I saw this article in Bound & Lettered
a magazine for book & letter artists. This article is by Carol Dubosch. In the link you will find a downloadable PDF of the script seen above she created & teaches in workshops .




I based an entire alphabet plus variations on her script&
 cut my own embossing plates from water color paper.






My tracing light box is indispensable for this process.




 

The process is time intensive as each letter, & at times
 elements of the same letter, has to be individually embossed into the paper.


Just another way I get into the zone. 

What activity makes you forget about time & the rest of the world?



2 comments:

  1. I love your posts. They take paper crafting to a new level, showing things I haven't tried, or even thought of. Like yesterday's deli paper. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. rather an addiction, but a good one don't you think? Better than gambling.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.