Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Vignettes #AtoZChallenge


  A small, pleasing picture formed by grouping several objects. 
One definition of Vignette.

 HOUZZ  has a tutorial on how to create them.


One of many vignettes in my home. 
Dominoes in a jar is an idea from a furniture catalog. 
The coin changer is random relic from teen age boy days.  I could never part with it.
Look for odd things you've collected that have different textures, colors, uses.



NOUN
1. a decorative design or small illustration used on the title page of a book or at the beginning or end   of a chapter.
2. an engraving, drawing, photograph, or the like that is shaded off gradually at the edges so as to leave no definite line at the border.
3. a decorative design representing branches, leaves, grapes, or the like, as in a manuscript.
4. any small, pleasing picture or view.
5. a small, graceful literary sketch.
verb (used with object), vignetted, vignetting.
6. Photography. to finish (a picture, photograph, etc.) in the manner of a vignette.

Origin of vignette 1745-55; < French: literally, little vine (see vine, -ette ); so called from vinelike decorations in early books



 

When I Googled vignette this came up. Creepy. Looks like a fun Halloween party.

5 comments:

  1. That photo looks like evil and good are trying to sway the posh gentleman's. I have lots of odd things around, but none so nicely arranged on such dust free surfaces as yours!
    http://findingeliza.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right about waht's going on here. Didn't see it before. Thanks for commenting again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the peek at some of your vignettes - lovely. I definitely have fun displaying my odd (and beautiful) things. I find pleasure in arranging them.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.