Monday, April 2, 2018

Background Stories #AtoZChallenge



Pictures of our art is an important part of sharing what we love to make.  Enter the roll of the background. Everyday items you find around the house can work wonders.
 Guess what this is.


It's one of my favorites. An old, well used cookie sheet. 







When you zoom in you see this great texture.



Next, a black background. 




Left over vinyl upholstery fabric I stole from the man cave.
 Hang it vertically and I have an instant large backdrop. It's fun to play with the light.


 



 A friend gave me this big piece of cut up lace. I use it often.

 




Pegboard & cardboard play a role as well. 
Add some bead board and you have an all white background.










8 comments:

  1. Great photos....thanks for sharing!

    Donna B. McNicol|Author and Traveler
    A to Z Flash Fiction Stories|A to Z of Goldendoodles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same cookie sheet! So glad I didn't throw it away... What a great background. Thanks for opening my eyes this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think many of us have that cookie sheet. You can see the lines from cutting pizza on mine. Glad you found this enlightening.

      Delete
  3. I'm gobsmacked at the cookie sheet - how fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Gobsmacked is what I shoot for. Happy posting.

      Delete
  4. Great ideas for backgrounds - thanks for sharing them

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.