Wednesday, April 10, 2024

 

Insects

I know lots of you cringe when you see this title. I happen to love insects...well lots of them. I do have a problem with mosquitos & no see 'ems. 

 

All of these shots are mine. Always on the look out for something in nature I want to capture. In the park where I walk, on North Fox Island, or just outside my door.

 


In the summer North Fox Island has loads of Monarchs.

I linked one of my posts (there are many) about North Fox above. It's one of my favorite places on the planet. We are so fortunate it's just a 20 minute flight away for us.

Camping there is a frequent event in the summer for us.

 


They  hang out on the milkweed. This is one of my favorite shots ever.

 

 

  Stick bugs fascinate me. What an adaptation to avoid detection. 

                                        This guy was on the side of our home.


On the street outside our door.


In the park I walk most days. He's looking right at me!


Always looking down for something small & interesting.


I have a little clip on macro lens for my phone that works great. 

The shot above & the 2 below were a day on North Fox I walked along the runway & took tons of close ups of flowers & bugs. 






 On the beach on the Island of Vieques.

 

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter I

 

  

2 comments:

  1. As a gardener, I love insects! Even the "bad" ones, such as milk weed bugs. I learned they are necessary to keep the seed count down (which is really needed!). The only insects I do not like are some of the true bugs. Like squash bugs. No, no, no. Oh, and earwigs. I had an infestation in the garden once. It was nauseating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, honey bees are a favourite with me, and I like making little videos showing them in action. I like looking at insects, imagining what their lives are all about.

    Happy insecting, great photos by the way. Cheers, Jenny @ Pearson Report

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.