Tuesday, April 2, 2024

 

Borders

Journaling is a way to get ideas out of your head & onto paper you review. 

I make my journals my own by embellishing them.

Making Borders is an activity that keeps the hands busy.

These are a few of the ways I create borders for pages. 
 
 
A carving block is painted with water color then pressed on the page. 
 


I cut stencils to used over & over.


Some felt tip markers do a nice job of bleeding when a small tip brush is run along the edge with water. I really like this effect.

 
This is a great way to define your edges prior to making a commitment.


 
Hand drawn borders can be scanned then printed on multiple pages.


See you tomorrow for day 3..."C"
I'm leaning towards Color.
 
#AtoZChallenge 2024


 

 

5 comments:

  1. Your journals are works of art. I love that. I wish I had the time and patience to do that. Alas, my journals are simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't journal. When I've tried they just look ugly! My daughter does, and it always looks nice. Borders are important, and a big part of a page for her. For you too, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those borders all look really cool and now I'm tempted to work more on the borders in my own journals. My borders tend to be simple and I keep focusing more on decorating the outside of the borders rather than making the borders themselves interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I journal, but I am too lazy to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very artistic, these look really cool!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.