Monday, April 1, 2024

  

Annotate

It's what I do to my own patterns for the fabric bins, bags & vessels I create for storage of all kinds.  What a great word. It names what we do to make things clearer and more ordered. Also in recipes. Makes it so much easier to prep & assemble.


I discovered I needed to make notes in order to recreate what worked for each vessel, as well as how much fabric to cut for the body, handles, & any other pieces.

 

 


 


 

 So many places to display notes in my studio space. Keeping it all organized is a challenge.

 

It's been awhile & my blogging has really fallen off.  I'm adding it to the pile of obligations in my life right now. After 6 years of retirement I am filling in at my old employer for a 3 month maternity leave. We will see how this goes. I start April 1st.  Right along with the A to Z challenge.

  #AtoZChallenge 2024

8 comments:

  1. Annotating is definitely a good way to put your own take on things, love it!
    Debbie
    #AtoZChallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I do this all the time. I even adopted my wife's habit of using multi-colored post-it notes.
    It also sounds like you are going to be really busy all month.
    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side blog
    2024 A to Z of Dungeons & Dragons, Celebrating 50 Years of D&D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a paper and pens fanatic, so I enjoy everything related to them. Looking forward to your A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Marina, I like paper and pens too! Books, and taking notes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, it is a great word. I like it. I annotate the recipes I create - forever amending them with little updated notes. Then, when the card is completely riddled with annotations I rewrite everything and start all over again. :)
    Happy blogging, Jenny @ Pearson Report

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, good luck with the Challenge and starting work together!
    https://nydamprintsblackandwhite.blogspot.com/2024/03/magical-botany-b.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adding notes of what worked and what didn't really helps with recipes :-)

    Ronel visiting for A: My Languishing TBR: A
    Abominable Wraiths

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I love technology I always have a notebook by my computer where I make many annotations as I listen to webinars, make phone calls, and record reminders and titles of books I hear about.. It's fun going back through those notes.

    Jill -blogging the atoz at https://ballau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.