Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Viewfinder A to Z Challenge



  This Viewfinder was in the attic of the Arts & Crafts Bungalow I occupied for over 30 years. Since I found it it has had a place on my mantle or elsewhere in view.  It's vintage 1930's according the the link. Could have used Vintage for V...too late.






 In the first picture you can see the little strip of velvet that has mostly worn away along the edge.


 I should try a sketch it. A challenge.


Unfortunately no cards were found that go with these.


I had a little trouble with V.  But already have an idea for next year.

Is anyone else getting worn down at this point in the challenge?  Only 4 letters to go.  


8 comments:

  1. Like you, I'm a little worn out and both happy and sad that we are coming to the end of the alphabet.

    Your viewfinder is amazing! I had a cheap plastic one when I was a child.

    Trudy @ Reel Focus
    Food in Film: Vegetables

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous stereopticon! You can often find cards to fit these at flea markets or antique shops. I think they're great fun.

    Thanks for sharing your viewfinder with us.

    Sharon E. Cathcart
    Award-winning Author of Fiction Featuring Atypical Characters
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so glad to see that this was what I imagined it to be! My parents have one of these with a whole box of cards! My brother and I used to play with it when we were younger (always carefully, thought!) and it was so much fun trying to get the pictures into focus and make them 3D. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

    Giggling Fattie: No Love For Fatties

    ReplyDelete
  4. My parents had one of these when they had a second hand store, along with some cards. I do not know what became of it. Just yesterday I was looking at some cards for one in an antique store. If I had the viewer, I might have bought myself a new vintage card.
    My Fragmented Journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always like to figure out what I'm going to do for the tough letters first before I commit to a theme for a year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful view finder. Mine was a red plastic affair.
    Finding Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prewrote all of mine, so I am set. But we all go through the agony of planning and writing at some point.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.