Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Box It Up

My obsession with making fabric boxes continues. I find it very absorbing. Carpentry with fabric, or "functional shelf art" are my descriptions.





Found a great pattern for a storage pod that I adore. The shape is so organic. 
One friend described them as uterine. I  think that fits.


 A couple shots of the pieces in process. I free stitched around the pattern on this fabric from my stash. I'm happy to have found something to make with several of the pieces I've held on to for years.


                  Had a good time picking our some fat quarters to go with other fabric I've had so I can make  more of these little beauties. Two of the pieces are from a Shibori class I took. 
       The perfect way to put them to use and have them on display.

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.