Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thoughts on Wabi Sabi



My "art cohort", two dear friends, are coming over today. We are carving out time to share our projects, thoughts, & laughs together. Never enough time for that!  One attended the Lake Louise Retreat with me a couple weeks ago.  We will revisit our papers & fledgling books to see where to go from here. Here are a few more pics of the book I am furthest on.
As the retreat was titled Wabi Sabi, a hard to translate idea. Bottom line is nothing is permanent or perfect. I did an embossed title page.
 These show the work in progress. The lines on one page will be carried onto the next with pencil, ink or embossing.


  
 Some one suggested one of these flexible rulers in order to create templates to do embossing following a curve. I'll let you know how that goes.
 
Removable tape is another great supply. Helps to lay our ideas for collage.

 This is the last spread where the colophon will go.



Here is my latest new "toy".

One of the things that happens at art retreats...supply envy. I think there may have been a spike in purchases of these as everyone liked it so much. Nice & flat. LED so doesn't get hot or use much energy. Has a function to adjust the intensity of the light.  It has come in so handy for the embossing I've become obsessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.