Friday, April 16, 2021

NYC Ballet


 The New York City Ballet

What a lovely deep dive you can have into their world 
 
 
Having been a student of ballet for most of my younger years I have a true appreciation 
for the craft.  It is rigorous, beautiful, timeless. The athleticism of dancers is astounding. 
 
Then there is the supporting pieces to bring ballet to the public.
 
A video about costuming tutus in particular. Feeds into my fiber obsession.
It's the third video on the page.
 

  Of course they have a YouTube channel. 

There are loads of other dance icons I could focus on. That will
be for another time.


3 comments:

  1. I'd like to see a ballet performance one of these days when we can do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents took me to ballets (and ice shows) when I was young, and it wasn't until I was an adult I learned they were dress rehearsals. I child didn't know the difference! It's also how my children saw so many Shakespeare performances at Cal Shakes in Orinda, CA and concerts and ballets at Cal Berkeley in home school. I saw one "real" ballet, The Nutcracker in SF. That's an N, Nutcracker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a long time since I have gone to the ballet. I'll have to add it to my post-COVID list of plans. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.