Friday, May 6, 2016

Little Bits of Art

Before I head to PBI I had to get my May edition of Artist Trading Cards ready to ship out.


I painted Sumi & walnut ink onto muslin. Once dried I embellished with a gold oval using my trusty hand cut stencils & Inka Gold paste...new item for me that I love! Then used one of my kitchen/art tools, an apple corer, dipped in red acrylic paint for the little dots. 
For substance I stitched the muslin to heavy water color paper with a satin stitch. Voila, done. I try to make my little cards original and hand made each time. I find playing with techniques I've run across i this little pressure free format gives me lots of ideas for larger projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.