Friday, January 29, 2016

Inspiration

It seems lately that inspiration is coming at me from many directions. Not sure why this is. Am I in a better place right now to be receiving them? Is it because the days are getting longer? Is it because I have a husband and friends who support & encourage me?

I picked up a book from the library, Elizabeth Gilbert's "Big Magic". Click the book for the NYT's review.
She refereneces the fact that ancient Greeks thought people HAD a genius, not they they were one. Like a spirit or guide that we listen to, who brings inspiration to us. I like that idea. This book came to me at just the right time to read and absorb it's message.

                                Nature has always been big in providing  me with inspiration

 I have lots of book & catalogs and publications I return to time & time again. This little gem is a favorite. I don't buy book to read for enjoyment, those almost always come from the library or swapping with a friend. but I'm a sucker for books with art techniques and prompts. Then are the endless blogs and videos and now a days on line classes...did I mention Pinterest?



The there is travel. We are on our way tomorrow for a mini vacation to Florida to visit a few sets of friends and hopefully recharge our solar batteries. They are very low at the moment from the Northern Michigan grey. Inspiration usually shows up as soon as I'm at the airport.

Hoping to post from the road. I have my journal, writing utensils, water color pencils, a brush. I'm ready.

What inspires you? I would love to here your experience. What do you do if you are stuck?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.