Saturday, November 11, 2017

Contain Yourself




I am delighted to be one of the 22 vendors at the Merry Makers Marketplace at the Crooked Tree Arts Center in Traverse City on November 17th & 18th.  I will also be one of three artists doing a talk next Tuesday for "Coffee @ 10" as part of the promotion for the event. 

I have been in creation mode to get many fabric boxes done in preparation. 


I  refer to them as Functional Self Art, with the prompt to "Contain Yourself" 
on my tags & cards for the fair. 

 




  
 The process has multiple phases. From the first layer of paint on the canvas, then three or more layers of texture & stencils, covering the sturdy Pelon with a fabric for the liner, to the pieces being sewn to create the final structure. I truly enjoy the entire endeavor as well as coming up with my own patterns for each size & shape of container. 

Stay tuned for how this goes. It's my market research for the containers I've been obsessed with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.