Thursday, April 11, 2019

J for Jen Hewitt My Admiration for a Fellow Fiber Artist


This is Jen Hewitt. She prints fabric with hand carved blocks and silk screen designs.









Her Etsy shop has a whole selection of beautifully printed pieces you can buy by the yard.
 
She teaches classes you can attend in person in some wonderful locations as well as online.
I have been following her for a few years. She has done very well for herself
as a self employed solo fiber artist. Bravo! She puts her heart out there
 on matters of race & gender. She is working on her second book about crafters of color.


Fringe & Company
Jen's aesthetic appeals to me. Simple forms that repeat, many inspired by nature.


One of my recent creations that echos her design style.


I think along the same lines. No pun intended.


Her sweet little dog is a frequent subject of her Instagram feed.


Who do you admire from afar online? Do theyinspire you in your craft?


3 comments:

  1. Wow, her work is beautiful, thank you for the discovery (for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting work. I will check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This process always fascinates me. Such beautiful results.

    DB McNicol, author
    Microfiction: Jewelry

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.