Friday, July 6, 2018

Old Mission Library Art Fair July 21st



These nicely weathered little soldiers were hanging on a line 
by the 2 Hearted River. Couldn't resist getting the blur of the sky & tree burn 
behind them. Posted it on my Instagram
I have a thing for clothespins. 

 
This stencil has been put to good use.
Since I use different colors for the elements I had cut paper pieces to mask each.
Then it dawned on me to spread them out on one stencil.
Sometimes it takes me awhile to figure stuff out! Well, really most of the time.



 

Makes using multiple colors much easier.


I've wanted to add more leaf designs to my collection. Finally got to this one.
The rough outline and beginning of the design.



Blocking the areas to cut out so I have an idea what it will look like.
It's easy to make mistakes and cut out the wrong area if this isn't done.


It hasn't been used on fabric yet, but I like the look. 

I will be in the Old Mission Peninsula Library Artist Fair on Saturday July 21st.  I've been spending lots of time in the studio to have loads of fun vessels to offer.

Below is the official notice from the library:

The Local Artists Fair being held at Old Mission Peninsula School is just the thing to start on your Christmas shopping & to get away from the major hub of tourists. There will be artists offering: wearable art, paintings, multiple kinds of jewelry, natural skincare products, pottery, recycled materials, fish; original women's clothing, hand printed home goods, pressed flower stationary and bookmarks, quilts, baby gifts, and much more,

A second opportunity is the Friends Book Sale, also, at OMP School. The books are organized to make browsing a joy, not a chore. Something for every age and interests at great prices!  

Both opportunities are open from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. There is truly something for everyone. There will be 2 food trucks: Norma’s Tamale’s & McChesney’s Gourmet Burgers. A coffee stand will be open all day and Buchan’s ice cream will be served beginning at 11:00 am. We will have local musicians playing for everyone enjoyment.

Sounds like fun to me! Hope to see you there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.