Thursday, May 24, 2018

Beautiful Bend OR


I've returned from my impromptu trip to Bend OR to visit my younger son. Truly an outdoor Mecca.

Took a leap & stayed at the only hostel in town. Bunk & Brew. What a fun experience! Old historic house, a little funky, young volunteer staff who live there for free & work a couple shifts a week while doing other things in the area. I was there 5 nights and saw guests of all ages staying there for all different reasons.  A full kitchen with breakfast food you can cook yourself as part of the fee. The room I was 2 bunk beds housing 4 women each night. Cozy. Lily from the UK was there all 5 nights with me, we had 5 other women come and go.







 Quotes in the kitchen.


Such a beautiful area. I was 1 mile from my son's house, 1 mile from the Old Mill District, walked and walked everywhere along the Deschuttes River.


Being near water & nature always seem to inspire art. Little bits everywhere.


An abundance of hiking trails all over the area. 




Fun to have a dog along on the hikes. My grand dog Stevie, female boarder collie mix. 
A sweetie. It was a great 6 day stay to visit a great young man & all his friends. 

I'll be back to my normal art rant next week with summer happenings. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Linda, how wonderful! I just spent a few days at an artists' retreat right down the road from me and am feeling more grounded and more like myself for it. Looks like you have found new inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.