Monday, November 28, 2016

Vessels Done


Fabric vessels are completed. The pins are gone now, Looks like it wearing a little crown.







I decided to do bottom inserts for both with heavy pelon  for support.



A peek into the depths of both.





 The one above is  25" tall.  It has a flat feld seam at the back. I wanted a nice sturdy join at the back.
 A 2" hem at the top gives it some substance at the opening. 

 Both square and oval shapes have there merits. There will be more to come. 



Parting shot today of the view out the window of my kitchen. So peaceful & serene. 
Need to hold on to that. 

 
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving week end.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Linda, you inspire me! I love your vessels but they're only one facet of your ever continuous creativity. I've made a vow to get into my studio everyday that we don't have grandchildren here. Today, it's to lay out photos for our younger grandson's personal book. And, I've mixed inks, cut paper and am cutting out stencils for some printmaking on Friday and Monday. (The grandsons will be here for the weekend.) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.