Friday, January 11, 2019

Canvas Creations Continue




It's been awhile. Long grey fall in Northern Michigan. 
Good time to get back in the studio and start painting, stenciling, sewing and sharing. 


Wanted a new vessel to hold all the paper recycling in the dining room.
Working bigger was one of my thoughts & this fit the bill. 
Thinking about a series of nesting bins in a larger size. What do you think?



Been talking to a local business about having some of my things in their store.
That resulted in developing a box to hold knitting patterns, cataloges, & magazines.
Below is the prototype.

 

First step is always deciding what color to mix and paint the background.  

Then create a pattern to get the dimensions I want. 

I'll be honest. I agonize over what images to add, what colors to use, when to stop!  
Do I match the edges or do a random pattern?


 

 Matching is more challenging and time consuming, but I like the outcome.



 

  Adding lids to most of my boxes makes them feel more substantial.

The little bag I use to hold my cloths pins (one of my favorite tools) is a
favorite & I've decided to make several more. They will be added to my Etsy shop soon.  



Here is current version  ready to be stitched.




The other piece of the puzzle is to organize my patterns
 and get more detailed in my directions so I don't have to reinvent the wheel 
when I haven't done one in awhile. 





Remembering to label EVERYTHING is a goal. Once you get lots of pieces of fabric for several projects it can get dicey. Clothespins, a fine tip sharpie and masking tape are my friends. 





3 comments:

  1. As always, love your neat new stuff!! Love ya, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blue box where the lid pattern matches. I think matching shows more care went into pieces, and I'd pay more for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very observant of you! It's like solving a puzzle every time. Keeps me off the streets.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.