Thursday, July 20, 2017

Cool City of Cleveland Who Knew?


Took a little trip to Cleveland just for fun. What a great mid sized Midwest city.  We flew ourselves into a small airport within walking distance to downtown, our lodging, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame & Progressive Field.


First stop was the Morgan Conservancy. A fantastic paper & book art facility. 
I know the director Tom Balbo who gave us a personal tour.  



If you get a chance the R & R Hall of Fame is well worth a visit. 
We spent several hours there & could have spent several more.



Looks like a nice exercise to mimic this lettering in a complete alphabet.



The Cleveland Art Museum is free!


I've been a fan of  Claes Oldenburg since I took an art history class as a freshman in college. His paint tube above & we spotted the huge FREE stamp of his in town on an UBER ride.



Who doesn't love a nice set of chain mail for protection?



I'm a sucker for a nice old door.




Botanical Gardens are something we try to see in the bigger cities we visit. This Lego dragonfly was clever. The hi light was the glass house where they had loads of butterflies including the large iridescent Morphos.


Our Detroit Tigers were in town that week end, we went to game three of the match up. Good thing, we saw them win!!! Progressive field is a beautiful stadium.


The evening weather was perfect for watching a game, drinking beer,
& eating a quesadilla as big as my head. Followed by a waffle cone. 
  


2 comments:

  1. I've had some fun trips to Cleveland. I am not a rock and roll fan but I've been to the museum twice and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
    Thank for your very good article...!
    ผลบอล

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.